The lifespan of a LED headlight varies greatly depending on the type and quality. So if you’re looking to buy new headlights, it’s essential to do your research beforehand. You can find out more information about how long do led headlights last with this blog post!
The average life span for an LED headlight is around three years, but this number will vary based on many factors such as light intensity, vibration exposure, dirt accumulation, and so much more.
Some LEDs have a longer life than others, which may last up to 10 years or even longer if adequately cared for. Read this blog post below to know more.
10 Important Factors That Determine How Long Do LED Headlights Last
1. Light Intensity
If you are running a low light intensity of less than 4540 Lumens, the life span will be greater and reach up to 10 years.
The reason is that because high intensity LED lights have a shorter lifespan than low ones due to heat dissipation issues
2. Vibration exposure
If your headlights are mounted above vibrations, then that can decrease the lifespan of the LED headlights.
So it’s best to mount them as low as possible or even on a vibration-free surface if you can come by one.
3. Dirt Accumulation
Dirt accumulation is a big issue that affects the longevity of your LED headlights. You should clean and wipe them regularly to make sure they last for many years
The under-voltage will affect the lifespan of your led headlights and can decrease their lifespan by at least 50 percent. That’s why it’s best to check the voltage of your battery or the alternator regularly.
5. Heat Dissipation
You should make sure to have enough airflow to dissipate heat generated by the led headlights, and in case that you can’t do that, then you might want to add extra fans on your headlights for better airflow.
6. The Distance Between Light Emitting Diodes
The distance between the light-emitting diodes will affect how long they last. It would be best to keep a gap of about 0.2mm by using a soldering iron to separate them. That’s the recommended size for increasing the lifespan
7. Light Frequency
Increasing your LED headlights’ frequency range will increase the life span of your LEDs. You should make sure to use them at least above 30kHz because that’s what increases their lifespan.
8. The Amount Of Battery Drain
If the amount of battery drain is more significant than expected, then you might want to check your alternator or even check the connection between your headlights and your alternator.
9. Air Intensity
If you are in areas with a lot of dust or sand, you should reduce your air intensity level. It can help you extend the lifespan of the led headlights because if they run high intensity with a lot of dust or sand, then it’ll shorten their lifespan even more.
10. The Temperature
The higher or lower temperature will affect the lifespan of your LED headlights. It’s best to store them at a steady room temperature of between 20 and 25 degrees celsius for better longevity.
If you want to increase their life span, then it’s better to store them in an area with a lot of humidity or a cleanroom.
8 Tips To Make Your Led Headlights Last Longer
For those looking for long-lasting LED bulbs for their car and truck, there are a few things they need to consider before making a purchase. Here are eight tips to make your led headlight bulbs last longer:
1) Before buying any LED bulbs, it is essential to check if the bulb fits your car or truck. You can do this by simply measuring the size of the socket where you will connect it to power.
2) The wattage of LED light bulbs must also match what is required for your car or truck. There are some packaging that has a label in which you can find the wattage of LED bulbs. If you are lazy, search for “wattage of car X” or “wattage of truck Y.”
3) Before turning on your newly bought LED bulb, make sure to check if it is in working condition by turning on other lights in your vehicle. If it does not turn on, that means the bulb is faulty and should be returned.
4) Make sure to read the instruction manual for your LED bulb. It will explain how you can install the led headlight bulbs properly.
For example, some bulbs need to be reversed (backward) when connecting them to car power since they are meant to face lights outward rather than into the cabin.
5) Headlights should always be checked when there is a change in weather conditions such as rain or snow since this could affect their performance and longevity.
6) Avoid storing them in areas with high temperatures if possible. If you cannot avoid that, try to ensure they are kept away from heat sources such as engines or radiators, which can quickly increase the temperature inside a car cabin.
7) Using your headlights only when it is dark enough avoids overuse of led bulbs that might lead to its early breakdown.
If you like to use your lights even during the daytime, try to use them only when necessary or needed instead of leaving them on all the time.
8) Finally, it is essential to clean your headlights regularly with a damp cloth and an alcohol solution.
It will help to remove any dirt that might be stuck into led bulbs, causing overheating and reducing the lifespan of your LED headlights.
Note: The most important thing to remember is that those led headlight bulbs are not meant to last forever since they are made from a few parts such as plastic, glass, etc.
Depending on how you use them, they may last longer than expected or break down much sooner than anticipated.
Do Led Headlights Burn Out?
The answer is yes; they do burn out. An LED relies on heat to generate light too much heat, and it burns out. LED bulbs can last a few years if you take care of them and treat them well.
But be warned that the more use you get from them before burnout, the faster its life will be at stake. Constant use at high temperatures will reduce the life of led headlights much quicker.
If you wonder how long they last, a good ballpark figure is between 60,000 and 80,000 hours of continuous operation before burning out, which is equivalent to around 5 or 6 years if used normally!
Many people have questions about how long do LED headlights last, and we have tried to answer some of them.
The lifespan for the average LED headlight is anywhere from 10,000-50,000 hours, depending on use and care taken when installing or using your light bulbs.
But other factors such as how often you use them, type and quality of bulbs used in manufacturing, or whether they have been installed for too long without being rotated.
All these factors play an essential role in determining how long do LED headlights last.
We hope this blog post has been helpful to you. If you have any further questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact us at your convenience, and we will be happy to help.