We all know the feeling – staring at your bedroom ceiling, unable to fall asleep because of that pesky light streaming through your window. You try to ignore it, you even tried taping some black garbage bags over the window but nothing worked.
Well, let us tell you – don’t despair! We understand that living with neighbors can be tough and their bright lights are a constant nuisance. But what if we told you there was an easy way to block out those unwanted rays of light?
You guessed it right – we’re about to discuss how to block neighbors light without causing disruption or making too much of a fuss in the process! Read on and learn our three simple ways to make sure your sleep won’t be disrupted ever again by external lighting sources.
9 Best Ways on How to Block Neighbors Light
1. Use Blackout Curtains:
One of the most effective ways to keep your bedroom light-free is by investing in a set of blackout curtains. These thick, tightly woven materials are specifically designed to block out any external lighting sources like streetlights or neighbor’s lights completely. Believe us when we say that these curtains can create 100% darkness even during the brightest days!
2. Install Window Frostings:
If you’re not a fan of curtains then window frostings are the perfect solution for you! These window tints come in various levels of darkness and can easily be applied to your windows. Not only will they block out any external light, but they also act as an insulation barrier between your room and the outside world.
3. Install Awnings:
Another great way to block out your neighbor’s bright lights is by installing awnings above the windows! They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, so you can easily find one that fits the exterior of your home perfectly. Not only do they provide extra shade and insulation for your bedroom, but they also add an extra touch of style and charm to your outdoor space.
4. Use Privacy Film:
Another effective way to keep unwanted light out of your bedroom is by using a privacy window film. These films are semi-transparent and can easily be applied to your windows, while still offering you the opportunity to see outside. Plus, they also come in various levels of darkness so you can find one that suits your needs perfectly.
5. Hang Bedroom Drapes:
Hanging a set of drapes is a simple and affordable solution that can keep the light from your neighbor’s house out of your bedroom. Not only do they come in various colors and patterns, but they also add an extra touch of style to any space. Plus, if you hang them on the outside of the window frame it will help block out even more unwanted light.
6. Employ Window Coverings:
Window coverings are a great way to keep out any annoying lights from your neighbor’s house. Not only do they come in various colors and styles, but they also add an extra touch of style to your room. Plus, if you have thicker window coverings then it will help block out even more of the light from your neighbor’s house.
7. Use Plantation Shutters:
Plantation shutters are a great way to keep out any unwanted lights from your neighbor’s house without sacrificing style! These window treatments come in various colors and styles, and they also offer plenty of insulation for your bedroom. Plus, if you choose ones with thick louvers then it will help block out even more of the light from your neighbor’s house.
8. Add Solar Screens:
Solar screens are great if you want to keep out any bright lights from your neighbor’s house while still being able to enjoy the view! These screens come in various designs and colors, so you can find one that fits your home perfectly. Plus, they are made of a thick fabric which helps keep out any external lighting sources completely.
9. Plant Trees and Bushes:
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly way to block out the light from your neighbor’s house then planting trees and bushes is a great option! Not only will they help keep out any annoying lights, but they also provide extra insulation for your bedroom. Plus, if you choose ones with thick leaves then it will help block out even more of the light from your neighbor’s house.
Now that you know how to block neighbors’ light, you can finally enjoy a good night’s sleep without worrying about any external lighting sources! So what are you waiting for? Start working on one of these solutions today and enjoy a good night’s rest tomorrow. Sweet dreams!
Additional Tips and Tricks to Block Neighbor’s Light
1. Plant some trees near your window to block out most of the light coming in from outside sources. This is a great way to make sure that the sun’s rays don’t enter your house and keep you from sleeping comfortably.
2. Install exterior shutters on the outside of your windows. This will provide additional privacy and control over the amount of light coming in.
3. Use heavy curtains to block out light during the daytime hours when you are trying to take a nap or relax after work. You can find blackout curtains that will block out even more light.
4. Invest in tinted windows if you’d like to reduce how much natural light enters your home without having to resort to using heavy curtains.
5. Install awnings over your windows to provide additional shade and block out the sun’s rays.
6. Place reflective blinds on your windows if you don’t want to completely block out all of the light coming in, but still want to reduce how much sunlight enters your home. They are also great for providing additional privacy and keeping people from looking in.
7. Position your furniture in a way that blocks out light coming in through the windows. This is an easy and inexpensive way to reduce how much light enters your home.
8. Consider using window films, which are thin sheets of plastic or other materials that you can apply directly to your windows to reduce how much light enters your home.
9. Take advantage of the sun’s natural movement and position trees or bushes in a way to blocks out sunlight during certain hours of the day. This is particularly effective if you are having trouble sleeping due to bright lights outside your bedroom window in the morning or evening.
10. If none of these solutions are working for you, consider installing frosted glass on the outside of your windows. This will provide a subtle reduction in natural light while still allowing some to come through – perfect for those times when you need to take a nap or just want to relax after work.
No matter what solution you choose, it’s important to remember that blocking out your neighbor’s light is just as important as protecting your own privacy and providing a comfortable environment to relax in.
With these tips and tricks, you can easily reduce the amount of light coming in from outside sources and provide yourself with some much-needed peace and quiet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Best Ways to Block Out My Neighbor’s Light?
There are a few ways to block out your neighbor’s light. One way is to use curtains or blinds that are designed to keep the light out. These blackout curtains can be installed directly on your window or hung from the ceiling, depending on what suits you best.
Another option is to install reflective window film which will bounce the light away from your home and into your neighbor’s yard. You can also use trees, shrubs, and other foliage to block the light from entering your home.
Planting these close to your windows can help provide extra coverage from the light. Finally, if all else fails you may consider talking to your neighbor about ways you both can work together to reduce the amount of light coming in.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Curtains to Block Out Light?
One of the main pros of using curtains to block out light is that they are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. They can also offer additional privacy which can be especially important if you live in a densely populated area.
On the other hand, some people find that curtains are not effective in blocking out all the light, and they can be difficult to maintain. Curtains can also become dusty over time, which requires more frequent cleaning.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Window Film to Block Out Light?
One major benefit of using window film is that it blocks out almost all light coming into your home, making it a good choice for those who need total darkness. It is also relatively inexpensive and easy to install. On the other hand, window film can be difficult to remove once it has been applied, and if not properly maintained or sealed, it can leak light around its edges.
Hopefully, with the above outlined, you can easily learn how to block neighbors light from entering your home. The best option for you will depend on the severity of the light coming into your home, as well as other factors such as budget and style preferences.
Weighing the pros and cons of each method can help you make an informed decision that is best for you. Good luck and enjoy the peace and quiet!