It is important for those of you who own a Wolff tanning bed to know how to change the light bulbs. While some models are easier than others, it is a pretty straightforward process.
In this blog post, we will walk you through how to change bulbs in a Wolff tanning bed step-by-step. Whether you have an older model or a newer one, this guide will be helpful.
In order to change a bulb in a Wolff tanning bed, you’ll need to remove the hood. Next, you’ll need to remove two screws on the front of the hood. Once the screws are out, you can lift off the hood and replace the bulbs.
Remember to be careful when changing bulbs, as they can be hot. You have everything you need before starting, including replacement bulbs and a screwdriver. Read on to know more!
What is a Wolff Tanning Bed?
A Wolff tanning bed is a type of tanning equipment that uses ultraviolet light to help people achieve a darker skin tone. Wolff tanning beds are popular among those who want to achieve a golden brown tone without having to spend time outdoors in the sun.
Wolff tanning beds use special bulbs that emit UV rays. These rays help darken the skin by causing the body to produce more melanin, the pigment that gives skin its color.
What are the Different Types of Wolff Tanning Bulbs?
Wolff tanning beds come with a variety of different types of bulbs. The most common type of bulb is the Fluorescent Tube, which emits UV rays similar to those emitted by the sun.
However, Wolff also manufactures SunQuest bulbs that are designed to emit more UV rays than traditional fluorescent tubes.
Step by Step Guide: How to Change Bulbs in a Wolff Tanning Bed
The bulbs in a Wolff tanning bed need to be changed every six months. To change the bulbs, follow these steps:
Step 1: Shut Off the Tanning Bed
The first thing you need to do is make sure the tanning bed is turned off. This can be done by locating the power switch on the unit and flipping it to the off position. If the unit is plugged into an outlet, you can also unplug it.
Step 2: Remove the Glass Shield
The glass shield protects users from the UV rays emitted by the tanning bulbs. First, locate the two screws on each end of the glass to remove it. Unscrew these and carefully lift the glass off the tanning bed.
Step 3: Remove the Acrylic Cover
There are usually four screws holding the acrylic cover in place. Remove them and set the screws aside. Gently lift on the acrylic cover and set it aside. Be careful not to break it. You should now be able to see the lightbulbs.
Step 4: Locate the Dead Bulb
The next step is to find the dead bulb in your Wolff tanning bed. This can be done by looking for a black mark on the glass where the filament has burned out. Once you have found the dead bulb, use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold it in place.
Step 5: Replace the Bulb
To replace the bulb, screw in a new one in its place. Make sure that the bulb is screwed in tight to not come loose while in use.
Step 6: Replace the Cover and Glass Shield
Once you have replaced the bulb, you can put the acrylic cover and glass shield back in place. Be sure to screw in the screws tight to not come loose. Finally, plug the tanning bed back into the wall, and it is ready for use.
Changing the bulbs in a Wolff tanning bed is a simple task that only takes a few minutes. By following these steps, you can have your tanning bed up and running again in no time. Be sure to change the bulbs every six months for optimal results.
Tips for Changing Wolff Tanning Bed Bulbs
1. Unplug the tanning bed before beginning.
2. Remove the panels from the tanning bed to access the bulbs.
3. Carefully remove the old bulbs, being careful not to touch them with your bare skin as they may still be hot.
4. Replace the old bulbs with new ones, taking care again not to touch them with your skin.
5. Replace the panels on the tanning bed and plug them back in.
6. Test the tanning bed by using it for a few minutes to make sure the bulbs are working properly.
Few Things to Consider When Changing Bulbs in a Wolff Tanning Bed
1. Bulbs in a Wolff tanning bed need to be replaced every 1,000 hours of use. It is important to note that Wolff tanning beds use a different bulb type than traditional tanning beds.
2. Make sure you have the correct bulb type before attempting to replace one.
3. When changing the bulbs, always unplug the tanning bed first.
4. Always wear gloves when changing bulbs. The bulbs are hot and can cause burns.
5. Be sure to dispose of the old bulb properly. Do not just throw it in the trash.
6. Ensure the new bulb is installed correctly before using the tanning bed.
7. Check your bed carefully before purchasing new bulbs to ensure all the old bulbs have been removed. Some models of Wolff tanning beds have been known to have problems with loose bulbs.
8. If you are unsure of how to change the bulbs in your Wolff tanning bed properly, contact a professional for assistance.
Safety Precautions and Warnings
1. Wolff tanning beds use high-pressure, high-intensity lamps that emit ultraviolet rays. These rays can cause skin cancer and other health problems.
2. Always wear protective eyewear when working with or near Wolff tanning bed lamps.
3. Never look directly at the lamps while they are turned on.
4. Turn off the power to the tanning bed before changing lamps.
5. Make sure the tanning bed is completely cool before changing lamps.
6. Disconnect the power cord from the tanning bed before working on it.
7. Unplug the lamp from the tanning bed before removing it.
How to Remove Acrylic From Tanning Bed?
Removing acrylic from a tanning bed can be a difficult task. The first step is to try and soften the acrylic by using a heat gun. Once the acrylic is softened, use a chisel or hammer to break it into smaller pieces.
Next, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the remaining pieces of acrylic. Finally, use a brush to clean the area where the acrylic was removed.
How to Take Apart a Sunquest Tanning Bed Bulb?
Sunquest tanning bed bulbs come in three sizes: two 9-inch bulbs and one 18-inch bulb. The most common Sunquest tanning bed bulb type is the two 9-inch bulbs.
To change a Sunquest tanning bed bulb, you must first take the cover off of the bed. Once the cover is off, you must unscrew the light fixture from the ceiling.
The light fixture is held in place by two screws. Once the screws are removed, you can then pull down the light fixture. The bulb is located in the middle of the light fixture.
To remove the old bulb, you must twist it counterclockwise. To install a new bulb, you must twist it clockwise. After the new bulb is installed, you must reattach the light fixture to the ceiling and replace the cover on the tanning bed.
Bulb changing process for Wolff tanning beds is straightforward and easy to follow. The most important part is being aware of the potential hazards associated with the job.
Proper safety gear, including gloves and a face mask, should always be worn when changing bulbs in any tanning bed.
By following these simple steps on how to change bulbs in a wolff tanning bed, you can change your tanning bed’s bulbs safely and without incident.
Have you ever changed the bulbs in your Wolff tanning bed? If so, what tips would you add to our list? Let us know in the comments below!