Adding LED strip lighting to your TV can be a great way to make it look more stylish and modern. You can also create an ambient light effect that enhances your viewing experience.
In this article, we will show you how to put led strip on tv. We’ll also provide some tips on how to get the most out of your new lighting addition.
So, whether you’re looking to add a little bit of extra flair to your home entertainment setup or want to make your television easier to watch in a dark room, read on for instructions on how to add a led light strip to your TV! Let’s get started!
Why Should You Have a Led Strip for TV?
A TV with an LED strip attached to it is one of the coolest gadgets you will ever own. Imagine being able to have a display that reaches all your furniture.
Of course, having a strip on your TV does require some work, but the results are so worth it. Once you get the hang of it, you can get a TV with an LED strip attached to it for next to nothing.
Doing some research will lead you to articles that require cutting holes in your walls or permanently sticking something on your wall.
You can have a TV with an LED strip attached without going through all of this trouble. This is what makes it so appealing! As long as you have a TV, you can use this method.
Step by Step Process: How to Put Led Strip on Tv
Step 1: Choose the Location
There are many options to where you could put the led strip along with the TV. You can go straight down each corner or just halfway down one side of your TV, whatever looks best to you.
After choosing the location for your strips, use some electrical tape to mark it so that when you take off the backing on the strip, you know where to place it.
Step 2: Cut the Strips
After you know exactly where you want your led strips, cut them using an exacto knife so that they fit right up against the edge of the TV.
Once they are cut to size, peel off one side of the backing and press the strip down to the TV to stick it. Then peel off the other side of the backing and press down to make sure they stick.
If you have a light underneath your TV, now is the time to stick the led strip under there so that it lights up the bottom of the TV perfectly.
Step 3: Determining Voltage
Now it’s time to decide what voltage you want for your led strips. Since we were only running one set of strips (there are two in each pack), we decided on 12 volts because we didn’t feel like doing any extra wiring if we didn’t need to.
So, if you are only running one set of strips, I would suggest using 12 volts.
However, if you are running more than one set of strips or other less, it’s wise to consult an electrician or whoever wired your house up to the TV.
Again, if this is not something you feel comfortable doing yourself, don’t do it.
Step 4: Connect with Power Supply
Once you have your voltage decided, you need to plug the power supply into an outlet and connect it to the led strips with wires.
There will be two sets of wires for each strip; one has all black wires, and another has a red and black wire. Connect these using butt connectors or something similar.
Step 5: Wire Connections
Once you have all of your wires connected to the power supply, tape them down with electrical tape so that they don’t get in the way.
Now it’s time to take off the backing on your strip (the side attached to the TV should still be covered) and stick your power supply onto the side of your TV or whatever you want it to be.
Once these are stuck on, plug the power supply into an outlet, and you should be set!
8 Things to Consider When Choosing Led Strip for TV
1. USB Compatible: Led strip that is USB compatible ensures that it can charge your devices using the power supplied by the TV.
2. Power Consumption: The lower the power consumption, the better. This will save on energy costs and make your TV more environmentally friendly.
3. Connecting Modes: Different types of led strip use different modes to connect. For example, some led strips use a daisy chain while others have a power input and output connection.
You should pay close attention to what type your TV requires because getting the wrong type could ultimately be useless for you.
4. Wifi Enabled: This feature allows the led strip you purchase to be controlled from a remote computer or even your smartphone. The wifi plug should be compatible with the standard router plug in your house.
5. Control Type: There are various ways to control your system, including remote control, a wireless keypad, and a smart device application. You should choose the method that is most accessible for you.
6. Length: This will determine how much light your led strip emits. You can choose a length based on how much lighting you need for a specific task or if you want consistent illumination across your room.
7. Sync with Sound: If you have ambient lighting, consider a piece that features a sound sensor. This means that the lights will turn on when you play audio and turn off after a certain period.
8. Adjustable Brightness: Although bright lighting is good for some tasks, you might want to lower the brightness at other times.
You can choose a piece that features adjustable lighting to get the exact brightness level you want.
Tips to Make Your TV Watching Experience Better with Mood Lighting
1. Attach LED strip lighting to the backside of your TV set. Please make sure you use adhesive tape, so it doesn’t fall off.
2. You can also attach them to the back or side walls around your TV unit to create the desired ambiance that you want in your living room.
3. If possible, you can also attach them inside your TV unit to not be visible to the naked eye. This will provide illumination throughout your viewing area.
4. Use 3M adhesive hook and loop strips to attach these LED strips wherever you want around the room, even on walls where pictures hang for easy removal when you don’t need them or when you want to change your mood.
5. You can cut these LED strip lights to the length you need using wire cutters or scissors and use as many of them as you need to fit your TV set.
6. You can use remote controllers that work on batteries or ones with a USB plug that is connected to an electrical outlet to control these LED lights so they can change according to your mood.
7. If you have a flat-screen TV, attach the strip lighting across its backside for maximum lighting.
7 Advantages of Using Led Strip on TV
1. Enhances the look of your TV by adding led strips in them.
2. Enhances the video quality because of the backlight in the led strip.
3. Adds brightness to dark areas in images on-screen (like a black bar in movies).
4. Improves colors and color contrast between different objects appearing on screen.
5. Helps the eyes strain while watching TV.
6. Small in size and easy to install.
7. It is easily removable without damaging any part of your TV if you don’t like it after installation.
What USB Led Light Strip Should You Use for Tv?
The USB led light strip is a small flexible LED strip that supplies power from a normally powered USB port.
The lights can be cut every few LEDs along the length of the strip and reconnected, allowing for flexibility in terms of positioning.
A USB strip can be positioned around the TV to provide a soft diffused light that is better for viewing at night. In addition, the USB led light strip can be used to provide backlighting for your TV.
As the strip is powered by USB, it does not require an external power supply and can be plugged into a free universal serial bus (USB) port on the side of the television set.
What Adapter Should You Use For Led Strip Under Tv?
An adapter, or power supply, can convert the voltage of the USB power output (normally 5V) into one that your led lights need (for example, 12V).
The voltage is stepped up or down by the power supply, converting one type of voltage into another.
You can use an adapter to convert 12 volts into 5 volts to power a USB strip connected to your television set by way of a USB cable.
You can also use an adapter to step down 120V to 12V, which may be required if you have a lot of low-voltage lighting.
Adapters are commonly used to supply power for various devices, from 12-volt LED lighting to 110/120-volt appliances.
However, specialized equipment is needed when a standard household outlet isn’t capable of powering an electronic device.
When it comes to installing LED strip lighting, there are a few things you need to do.
First, make sure the area where you plan on placing your lights is clean and dry so that no water or debris will get in between the surface of the TV and your LED strips.
Next, use a pencil eraser or other similar object to remove any dust from behind the TV screen before applying adhesive tape around the edges of all four sides of each light strip.
Finally, don’t cover up any ventilation ports for heat dissipation as this could cause overheating and damage your TV set.
Once these steps have been completed correctly and you’ve plugged your new LEDs into an AC outlet power source, enjoy those bright colors led strip.
We hope this blog post has helped guide you how to put led strip on tv. If you have any questions or want to know more, then feel free to comment below!