Are you trying to reset your Sengled smart bulb but can’t figure out how? Look no further! In this post, we’ll be discussing the steps necessary in order to effectively reset your Bluetooth Bulb.
Whether it’s a brand-new bulb that needs initializing or an existing one that requires troubleshooting, this guide on how to reset a sengled bluetooth bulb has all the information needed for a successful reset.
We’ll take you through connecting and unpairing devices, as well as provide helpful tips for improving your experience with bulbs from Sengled in general. So let’s get started – read on and see what you can do today to get those bulbs working perfectly once again!
What is a Sengled Bluetooth Bulb?
Sengled Bluetooth bulb is an innovative lighting solution that combines the convenience of wireless connection with the energy efficiency of LED lighting. They have been designed to make it easy to set up, customize and control your home’s lighting from anywhere. These bulbs are compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices, making them a great choice for modern homes and businesses.
Can You Do It Yourself?
Absolutely – you can reset a sengled Bluetooth bulb without having to call in an expert. All the necessary steps are outlined below, so you should have no problem getting your bulbs up and running again in no time. Just keep in mind that it’s always a good idea to double-check with the manufacturer if you have any specific questions.
Before you get started, make sure you have the following items at hand:
- A smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth enabled
- The Sengled app
- Your bulb (s)
10 Steps on How to Reset a Sengled Bluetooth Bulb
Resetting your Sengled Bluetooth bulb is generally easy and straightforward – but make sure you follow the necessary steps correctly to avoid any problems. Here’s what you need to do:
Step 1: Unpairing the Existing Device From the Bulb
Start by turning off the existing device that is paired with your bulb. This will ensure that the connection is broken. Otherwise, it will not be possible to reset the bulb.
Step 2: Open the Sengled App
Open the Sengled app and log into your account. From here, you should be able to access the settings page for your bulbs.
Step 3: Locate the Bulb That You Want to Reset
Once you are in the app, locate the bulb that you want to reset. Select it, and a new menu will open up with more options.
Step 4: Remove the Bulb From Your Account
Go to the settings page for your bulb and select “Remove.” This will remove it from your account and disconnect any existing connections.
Step 5: Disconnect the Bulb From Your WiFi Network
If your bulb is connected to a WiFi network, you will need to disconnect it at this point. To do so, go back to the settings page for your bulb and select “Disconnect.”
Step 6: Unpair Any Other Devices Connected to the Bulb
If there are any other devices connected to your bulb, you will need to unpair them at this point. To do so, go back to the settings page for your bulb and select “Unpair.”
Step 7: Turn Off the Bulb
Once all connections have been disabled, turn off the bulb. Be careful not to turn on any other lights connected to the same power as the bulb you are trying to reset.
Step 8: Resetting the Bulb
To reset the bulb, press and hold down the button on top of it for at least 10 seconds. This will cause it to start flashing, indicating that it is ready to be reprogrammed.
Step 9: Reconnecting the Bulb to Your WiFi Network
If you want to connect your bulb back to a WiFi network, refer to the instructions in the Sengled app for help. This should be relatively straightforward as long as you have all of the necessary information (network name and password) handy.
Step 10: Reconnect Any Other Devices Connected to the Bulb
Once your bulb is connected to a WiFi network, you can then re-pair any other devices that were previously connected. Refer to the instructions in the Sengled app for help.
10 Safety Measures to Follow
- Before resetting your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb, make sure to turn off the power to the device.
- Place a non-metallic object, such as a wooden spoon or stick in between the bulb and socket to avoid any electric shock.
- Never reset a Sengled Bluetooth Bulb with wet hands or while standing on a wet surface.
- Wear protective gear such as goggles and gloves to protect yourself from any harm.
- Make sure that the bulb is firmly connected to the socket before attempting to reset it.
- If you feel resistance while resetting the bulb, stop immediately and turn off the power supply.
- Be sure to take necessary precautions, such as unplugging any appliances that may be connected to the bulb.
- Do not attempt to reset a Sengled Bluetooth Bulb if you are unfamiliar with the product or have never reset one before.
- When resetting the bulb, make sure no other person is in close proximity.
- After resetting the bulb, test it to make sure it is functioning properly before reconnecting it with your device.
Follow these 10 safety measures when resetting your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb, and you will be able to do so safely and effectively.
How to Extend the Lifespan of Your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb?
- To extend the lifespan of your Sengled Bluetooth bulb, make sure to reset it regularly.
- Resetting the bulb is an easy process and can be done with a few simple steps.
- First, turn off the power switch connected to the light fixture that contains your Sengled Bluetooth bulb.
- Wait for a few minutes before turning the power switch back on.
- Next, open the Sengled Home app and select “Devices” from the main menu.
- Select your Sengled Bluetooth bulb and tap “Reset Device” in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- The bulb will then be reset successfully.
- After the reset, you can control your Sengled Bluetooth bulb using the Sengled Home app as usual.
- Lastly, be sure to check that all of the settings in the app still correspond with your preferences before turning your on and off your bulb again.
- Following these steps regularly can help you extend the lifespan of your Sengled Bluetooth bulb, allowing you to enjoy its convenience for longer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Put Sengled Bulb in Pairing Mode?
In order to put your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb in pairing mode, you will need to turn off the power and press and hold the center button on the bulb for 5 seconds. This will enable the bulb to enter into pairing mode. This won’t take more than 10 seconds. Remember to follow the 10 safety measures mentioned earlier when resetting your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb.
How to Disconnect Sengled Bulb From Bluetooth?
In order to disconnect your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb from a device, you will need to open the settings menu of your device and select the “Bluetooth” option. Select the bulb from the list of connected devices and choose “Disconnect.” It won’t take more than 30 seconds to complete this process.
How to Connect Sengled Bulb With an App?
In order to connect your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb with an app, you will need to download the relevant app for your device and follow the instructions provided in order to pair it with your bulb. Once successfully paired, you will be able to control your bulb from within the app. It’s easy to use and will not take more than a few minutes to complete.
How Long Does a Sengled Bulb Last?
A Sengled Bluetooth Bulb can last anywhere between 10,000 to 25,000 hours, depending on usage and other factors. On average, a Sengled bulb will last around 15,000 hours. The bulb will also need to be reset regularly in order to extend its lifespan.
How to Change the Color of a Sengled Bulb?
In order to change the color of your Sengled Bluetooth Bulb, you will need to connect the bulb to a compatible app. Once connected, you will be able to use the app to change the color of your bulb. Changing the color won’t take more than a few seconds.
If your Sengled Bluetooth light bulb is no longer responding to your phone, follow the above steps on how to reset a sengled bluetooth bulb to reset it. First, make sure that the light switch is turned on and that the app is up-to-date.
If you’re still having trouble, try unpairing and then repairing the device in the app. And finally, if all else fails, you can always reset the factory default settings by holding down the button on the bulb for 10 seconds. With these easy steps, you should be able to get your Bluetooth bulb working again in no time!